Reunions are a fantastic way to catch up with old friends, reconnect with people you may have lost touch with and find out where life has taken your peers.
If you’re considering planning your own reunion, we've put together the checklist below to help you. Remember, you don’t have to do this alone! Our Alumni Relations team are here to help, but you might also want to consider setting up a reunion committee so the work can be spread between you.
Reunion planning checklist
Why and where?
- Think about why you’re holding a reunion. Are you celebrating an anniversary milestone? Do you want to reconnect with old friends?
- Where is the best place for you to hold your reunion?
- Are you in contact with anybody that you shared your time with?
- For those you may have lost touch with, although we can’t give you people’s contact details, we can send out invitations to fellow alumni on your behalf.
What and how much?
- What would you like your reunion to look like? Will it be a one day event, an evening dinner, or would you like to make a weekend of it? Why not have a look at what’s happening across the city, you might want to organise your reunion around events that are already happening in Liverpool.
- We can help to organise a campus tour and, on week days, departmental tours. Whether you’d like to revisit your old department, find out what the curriculum is like for students now or look around the Liverpool Guild of Students, let us know and we can make it happen!
- Consider setting a budget so that people know how much they can expect to pay for the event. We have a range of discounts across the city for events and leisure activities, just one of the many perks of being University of Liverpool alumni!
- Consider whether you would like to mark your reunion with a class gift to support current students. Some reunion organisers include this in their reunion budget, so that they can donate the surplus after the reunion has taken place. From providing emergency grants to students who are facing unexpected financial hardship to creating new opportunities for students to make the most of their time in Liverpool, class gifts have the power to truly change students' lives!
- Before you set a date for your reunion, you may want to consider whether the activities you'd like to plan are available during your visit. For instance, departmental visits and activities are generally only available on week days. If you would like some advice on the best times of the year for your reunion, fill in the form and we will be happy to assist you.
Get in touch!
If you would like support organising a reunion please complete the reunion enquiry form by clicking on the blue button above and we will get in touch to help you organise your reunion.
Back to: Alumni