Get hired on Handshake, the exclusive careers platform for Liverpool alumni
Handshake is the University of Liverpool’s new digital careers platform for all students and alumni. If you haven't already done so, it’s time for you to join the Handshake community!
Handshake is the place to be for professional development information and career opportunities beyond graduation. Get hired by discovering and applying for the latest exciting opportunities. Get discovered by connecting with employers that will want to hire you. And Get connected by reaching out to your peers for tips and advice. All in one place.
If you have recently graduated your Handshake profile has been created so all you need to do is activate it. Just visit https://liverpool.joinhandshake.co.uk/ and select ‘sign in with your email address’ or contact email@example.com to help you access your account.
Graduate jobs on Handshake
Did you know that 80% of graduates who complete their profile on Handshake are contacted by an employer? Graduate recruiters are posting new opportunities on Handshake every day. There are more than 700 jobs live right now. Make sure you update your profile with your skills, interests and experiences and follow these tips:
- Search for jobs and favourite the opportunities you're interested in for handy reminders.
- Research employers, read reviews, and follow the companies you like for job and event alerts.
- Message alumni in the roles and companies you are considering to find out what it's really like.
- Save your applications as documents in Handshake for the next time you apply and upload your CV so employers can find you!
Keep in touch with your Careers and Employability team after graduation.
Handshake keeps you connected with the Careers and Employability Team at University of Liverpool. Here are just some of the other ways you can continue to access support.
- Visit the Virtual Career Studio at anytime to talk to a Career Coach.
- Book virtual events and connect with employers on Handshake.
- Keep learning for free via LinkedIn Learning.
- Test your video interview skills with instant AI feedback and practice online tests using our free digital tools.
- Keep your CV fresh by taking a virtual internship on Forage.